Sunday, May 28, 2023

What i like about today

My mother was complaining that people today have no manners. She swims three times a week and notices how the locker room is untidy and no one bothers to clean up after themselves. I agree with her but then state that there is much I prefer about today.

True, people used to be more formal and yielded to decorum yet the rigidity that came with it was the price we paid. There was an expectation which drove everything including who one was supposed to be.

My mother said she was recently in a cafe with one of my sisters and was approached by a bubbly young woman who she immediately recognized and who addressed my sister (in case she did not know who she was) in unapologetic volume but without shouting:
:
"Hi I'm Christina's girlfriend!" referring to one of my nieces. No one turned and gasped in horror.

This is what I like about today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Confidence loss

We've all been hit with a sudden loss of confidence in public. It's like a slap in the face and the cheeks become flushed. Suddenly ...