Saturday, December 16, 2023

More on identity

When I discuss identity I want to be very clear because some may take that to mean that I view myself as a woman whereas I see myself as a transfeminine person. Some transgender people see themselves as women which I fully support (my fully transitioned friend Sherry is one of them). My point is always about the understanding that your gender variance isn't for you a game or just a costume you sometimes put on.

That people see me as a cis woman has less to do with my intent than my biology which seems to have given me features which are very conducive to blending in. My original goal was simply to escape detection and be left alone and inadvertently ended up with having people not know and me doing nothing to correct them.

Today I don't feel a massive need to back peddle with some of these people because it might be complicated and almost feel like I am apologizing for deceiving them. Plus to be honest I enjoy being seen and accepted as a female as it validates my identity. Our shell is just a wrapping for who we really are on the inside.

Your own self-assessment may be different than mine and as long as the goal is a harmonious existence, you will be well served by the sense of calm you achieve and, towards that end, no apologies are owed to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

This was Hartford

Victim to urban sprawl and horrible civic planning. Car culture did not help....