Wednesday, February 21, 2024

What we relish

The older lady yells at her husband as if he were a child . The bus was coming and they risked missing it. Suddenly he appears looking confused and makes me think perhaps he is suffering from dimensia.

She asked me if I minded that they went ahead of me and I heartily reassured her that I was in no rush.

Getting old isn't obvious and sometimes my mother will drop phrases asking why at 87 she is still here. Her ability to take the long walks I still cherish leaves her with frustration because the body isn't able to enjoy what the still sharp mind wishes deeply to do.

This coming March my father would be turning 90 if his cancer had not overcome him 30 years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Gender Performativity

Judith Butler's theory of gender performativity....