Thursday, September 19, 2024

Predictable

People who are intelligent and well-adjusted don't spend any time thinking about transgender people. Imagine focusing energy on the existence of less than 2% of the population and trying to justify it in your mind. From my vantage point it says a lot about them and their personal issues.

My experience with coming out is that I have lost no one who is important to me and, if anything, I have gained more respect from them for doing so. Women in particular have stood out in their support. 

Therefore when I see the likes of Helen Joyce have a bee in their bonnet about transgender people it makes me want to understand what caused them to become this way. Any thinking person understands that transgender people go back to the dawn of humanity and aren't going anywhere.

By now I have enough understanding of human psychology to know that obsessing over another group of people is a sign that would have me discover personal trauma were I to dig deep enough. A good example would be the self-hating gay man who goes out of his way to denigrate those who are like him.

With JK Rowling it is violence at the hands of men in her life which she generalizes and extrapolates to transgender people who she identifies as sexual predators masquerading as women.

With Helen Joyce it will be something else because, at their core, people are often quite predictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Help me die

Life is difficult for many people. When our health is this compromised it can be brutal...