Monday, September 9, 2024

This is very common

I was watching an episode of the short run Quebec series "Je Suis Trans" (which you can find on YouTube). One of the featured transgender people who went from female to male remarked how he could see in the mirror what other people could not; namely traces of the woman he was living as at one time.

This is very common among many transgender people especially when we are still living through the self-conscious stage regarding how the public perceives us. We are more likely to think that we are being read whereas the public is more likely to see the person we are presenting as. I think it helps tremendously to relax and not focus on what people might be thinking and just live which helped me tremendously to free my mind in public.

For the record, if you hadn't told me, I would have never guessed he had been born female.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

An unfortunate constant

The current American political climate is an exaggerated version of what is happening elsewhere in the world. The right wing has been radica...