Tuesday, September 17, 2024

What I wish i had known before

Human psychology is the most fascinating thing I can think of and, as I have gotten older, I look back on my life and at society in general and realize how easily manipulated we can be. Adherence to what we are instructed to do becomes much more powerful than attaining authenticity.

To be who we truly are requires more courage than many of us think we can muster which is why we look up to the souls who can do it. We surmise that they must have some ingredient that we do not possess but the reality is that they only have a better vision of what life could be outside of the gate; how their life could be better.

In retrospect this is obvious to me now but I had too much previous instruction in my brain telling me that escaping would not work and I would need to satisfy myself with whatever crumbs came my way which was completely wrong.

At this age I am letting go of my interest in material possessions and other dead weight which is more than compensated for by the knowledge I have gained about myself and human nature in general.

I feel completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Help me die

Life is difficult for many people. When our health is this compromised it can be brutal...