Wednesday, May 24, 2023

A reliable constant

"Woke" is the right wing's new appropriated term for societal progress and I can imagine 1950's parents complaining about the pelvic contortions of Elvis Presley using the same word. It is now the 21st century and we are proving that people do not change one iota with the same level of stupidity being counted upon as a reliable constant.

When I was younger I was under the naive impression that society could evolve but I was wrong and have now settled on the concept of cycles. Moral panics come upon us and we react with the same tone deafness as the Salem witch trials and if you doubt me view the ramblings of fundamentalist pastors as proof.

I found Stella Magz quite by happenstance and her videos had me both laughing in stitches and in stark confirmation that the stupid among us are an unfixable and perennial part of the landscape...




No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Confidence loss

We've all been hit with a sudden loss of confidence in public. It's like a slap in the face and the cheeks become flushed. Suddenly ...