Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Acquiring the taste

Return to office work is seeing resistance. GenZ, already looser with their work ethic based on seeing their parents focus so intensely on careers, know they have options. Even millenials have tasted life with more flexibility as they raise young children while delivering results during the pandemic and won't be bullied.

Many companies have boomer generation CEOs who correlate normalcy with full time office presence and extol the virtues of comradery except that the numbers tell a different story. Productivity improves with hybrid and work from home models.

I myself told my company that the day they forced me back was the day I retired and they blinked first. I relished that time at home to work on myself and prepare mentally for this next phase of life and close lingering concerns about how to best manage my dysphoria.

Failing to learn that the world has changed will be to the detriment of those who insist that it hasn't.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Detransition after 25 years

Everyone has a story and this is Sam's...