Friday, June 23, 2023

Almost there

I will admit that I do find some gender variant behaviour a little embarrassing. Shooting video of yourself shopping and bending over to show underwear didn't compute for me. Not when on the other end you had people like Janet Mock, Geena Rocero or April Ashley. There is simply too much divergence there for both ends to be relatable.

The way I am curing myself of this is to think about how varied human behaviour is. I needed to let go (and I am still) while convincing myself that what other people think and do is their business. For within the gender variant community there is as much variability as outside of it. 

Why would I be embarrassed for others if they are happy? Indeed, it's none of my business and benign things people do don't impact others.

I am 90 percent there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Detransition after 25 years

Everyone has a story and this is Sam's...