Monday, June 12, 2023

Meeting people

I meet people quite by happenstance. The lady next to me at the public market cafe suddenly says she has seen me walking on her street in our neighborhood. Her name is Sylvie and is a newly retired economist. We begin to talk and compare notes about adjusting to this new life and how we want to draw richness from it.

I like this looseness, this ability to be spontaneous and be open to human contact without any obligations or expectations. The new free time permits this new direction.

Yesterday I met with my philosophy professor friend Marcela and we shared our love of good coffee and great conversation while realizing that I increasingly let go and stop filtering these experiences through my being trans.

Because it just doesn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Detransition after 25 years

Everyone has a story and this is Sam's...