Thursday, June 8, 2023

Reversal

I used to live male and expressed female part time whereas today this has been completely reversed but it wasn't planned, it just happened.

Living this way certainly changes your perspective and to be sure I am treated differently and in some ways better than before. Whether this a reflection of looking happier versus the way women are treated in general is hard to say but I think it's a bit of both.

Were I still working today I might experience the disadvantages of being female in the workplace, but I also know those conditions have improved drastically since I began my career. Young female engineers have found their voice and are treated with much more respect than when I started and their numbers as a ratio have increased. My old company also has a very strong diversity ethic.

I got here not by choice but by necessity and the gradual change came as a new level was reached and then a comfort level attained. If you had asked me five years ago about where I would be today I am not so certain I would have said that it would be here.

I now strongly believe it's best not to plan but to simply let life happen and guide us where it must. In other words, do not aim for anything other than internal peace and balance and see where you land.

My friend was right. People will see what you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Detransition after 25 years

Everyone has a story and this is Sam's...