Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Bravado

Andrew Tate is toxic and yet his absolute confidence got me thinking. The YouTube feed presented me with one of his videos and curiosity, perhaps against my better interest, beckoned. I got what I expected but while his type of misogyny is not admirable, it was the idea that he deserved a certain type of partner that stuck with me. He makes comparisons between alphas and simps and I couldn't help but think about trans people and their settling for at least someone who will tolerate them. This if they are lucky.

I lived that experience and have evolved perhaps aided by the disappearance of my appetite for something I know will eventually lead to discord. There is so much to be said for saying no and stand one's ground. For trans people aren't toxic and are asking to be loved and understood on their terms.

This used to be asking too much but I am seeing signs of change and, while we may not want Andrew's caustic bravado serving as ideal, even just a fraction of it might do the trick.

As my grandmother used to say "better alone than badly accompanied".

N'est ce pas?



No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Imperfection

The longer we've lived the more holes there are to patch. Yes, we have gained experience but life has also handed us some challenges whi...