Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Dinner

I had dinner with my daughter and her boyfriend. I wanted to invite them out to catch up with them both because by their mid twenties your kids are really on auto pilot and leave you be unless they run into some internal conflict they want your advice on.

They have been a couple for 7 years now and are planning their lives in an unstable economic environment where job security is not what it once was. Hence I encouraged both to stay at home for a couple of more years and build some equity. Plus having her with me is no trouble as she comes and goes and is highly private.

My son at 23 lives with his mother and by 25 he should be finished his engineering degree. He has stabilized greatly and is maturing at a rate I very much admire. There is a steady calm reserve there that will only benefit him as he ages and life brings him its inevitable little surprises.

I am glad that I put them first because they have been wonderful with me and have been part of my bedrock of support. I think that our children understand even more when we go slow and they realize that nothing much will change other than perhaps our wrapping. Plus GenZ is so with the program that it still surprises me how they do not even furl a brow at things my boomer formation made me think they would find traumatic.

Nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Without a manual

My mother is 88 today. She is in good shape for her age and people instantly take 10 years off when they meet her. At this age their filter ...