Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Freedom

Having much more freedom than you have ever had takes getting used to. For most of your life your time has been spoken for and you now drop off a cliff to have more than you can handle. Eight months into retirement and I am still adapting to this abundance.

What is fascinating as a trans person is that this freedom obliges a more profound investigation of who you are which in some ways can worsen your dysphoria. As you enter into little crevices previously unexplored, your path forward can be complicated by virtue of a richness of options not previously available to you due to obligations.

It is this work which I am presently engaged in and if you are entering a similar scenario, be prepared that it may happen.

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog again. =)

    I have been retired for 6 years now. And it wasn't until my retirement that I had time for introspection to the deepest levels about myself and my gender thoughts. The day to day life responsibilities while working a lot of times really distracts us from delving deep and exploring. In retirement, I can now focus more and listen to my heart more.
    -Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad for you nice and easy and one day at a time ;)

      Delete

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Imperfection

The longer we've lived the more holes there are to patch. Yes, we have gained experience but life has also handed us some challenges whi...