Saturday, July 29, 2023

The simplest definition

I've been trying over the years to formulate a unified theory of gender variance. All my reading of published papers and blogs has encouraged me to generate ideas which were inspired by my own primordial need to understand myself.

The overwhelming conclusion is that no matter what the source, human beings are extremely diverse and their true instincts are heavily tempered by societal norms. This means that an accurate picture of people's inclinations would only emerge if those rules were removed or at least heavily loosened.

The other obvious conclusion is that the subject matter is deeply complex because humans beings are and, because we have a need to rationalize our natures, we develop whatever science we can muster.

Under the dome of gender variance then exist all kinds of people with multi-layered motivations however the simplest definition of the transgender condition I can think of is that one is born with it. One does not become transgender and hence it is unchangeable and therefore fundamentally tied to identity.

Are some forms of gender variance elective? Certainly and I have met some of those people. But regardless, it is always about the way we grapple and adapt to our realities that matters most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Crossing the concourse