Friday, July 21, 2023

Unique creatures

There are two people who stick in my mind as most representing the side of gender variance I can least relate to. One was someone who went out twice a year with his wife and had started cross gender expressing well into adulthood. He saw this is a fun activity and during our dinner (which his wife attended) it was very clear to her that her husband and I were very different. 

The second was someone who sidelined as a dominatrix which was an admission during our dinner that shocked me a little (the fact that his wife was in the know made it even more so). We never connected again after that one meeting not because they weren't nice but because there was no connection of shared experience.

These examples both helped me to further formulate my ideas on gender variance and how expansive it can be but also to find my own definition of who I was. For it is often in contrast that we are helped in finding our own identities.

In the end we wish people well and understand that we are indeed very unique creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

This was Hartford

Victim to urban sprawl and horrible civic planning. Car culture did not help....