Saturday, August 26, 2023

Before you rescue others...

It's amazing how much you change over time. I reflect on the last five years and realize they have seen the most significant metamorphosis of my lifetime. How I grapple with my dysphoria took a big turn for the better which was mostly fed by what I determined was my right to authenticity. The apologetic attitude gave way to one of protecting and nurturing the self.

This was far from a simple conversion but it was necessary to stop putting the wellness of others always before my own. I needed to stop treating it as a secondary priority because you first need your own life saving device before you can rescue someone else.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Psychology

Human psychology is not all that complicated. We want to love, be loved and we are apt to fall prey to fear. When the latter happens we can ...