Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Dafni girls

Dafni girls is a dressing service in Madrid where males experiment with a taste of what it might be like on the other side of the gender divide. Maybe it's for a day or an evening and indeed many women have also had the same type of curiosity although they have been freer to explore it in plain sight for decades. It's harmless and perhaps even beneficial with the investment being at worst monetary.

I used to have an online friend like this and our overlaps helped me to comprehend him as well as myself. It was a sexual interest he would indulge periodically and as soon as he was dating someone, it was instantly dropped. This was something I envied as I hoped, rather naively, to go further than him and eliminate my gender dysphoria altogether; this back when I didn't yet truly understand my situation.

These services can allow benign fantasies but also permit older dysphoric people to get a first taste of exploration into who they are. Young trans people today are undoubtedly less likely to use this type of venue as a first time experience because thankfully they come out much earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Gender Performativity

Judith Butler's theory of gender performativity....