Sunday, August 13, 2023

Origins

One of the ways to help us determine our origins as a trans person is to very methodically  comb our history. For example I grew up under strict religious instruction in an era where such a thing was considered an abomination and I clearly got the message. It did nothing to eradicate my instincts but at least it helped make me understand that I had nothing to do with instilling feelings which I trace to earliest memory.

My parents had they known would have been shocked but hopefully ultimately understanding even if we didn't have the proper language in the 1960's; never mind the acceptance.

This introspection might be useful to you only if you want to eliminate doubt that you are transgender. The ultimate aim always being to come to a place of peace with who you are. If the transgender condition, as I firmly believe, has some genetic roots, then you are likely to find some sign in your childhood no matter how much in denial you might have been and trust me when I say mine was as bad as they come.

For me this careful introspection wasn't an option but absolutely mandatory and very much helped me to come to terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Gender Performativity

Judith Butler's theory of gender performativity....