Thursday, August 31, 2023

Zero regrets

There are many of us who might have greatly benefitted from early medical transitions except that I do not bemoan my situation with the reason being that my being raised and conditioned in another era created a being who increasingly with age became a worse candidate for it.

Of course I have friends of different ages who have happily and successfully transitioned and yet my risk to benefit calculations in the end didn't add up. Were I the age of my children today with the knowledge I have now might have been just the fertile ground I needed but for some of us of a certain age, the complexity of lived history and commitments plus health considerations make the decisions for us.

That I am more deeply content than I have ever been speaks to the reality that we can embrace authenticity at any point and that respect and care for the self is of paramount importance. When you add to that the amount of support I have received especially from my wonderful children, it leaves little room for any regrets.

Everything is relative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Gender Performativity

Judith Butler's theory of gender performativity....