Sunday, September 24, 2023

Useless

Quitting social media years ago has been great. Not that I was on it for very long before I realized that it was completely useless to me. I was just adding vapid and unnecessary information into my life and because I don't care what people eat for breakfast or understand why everyone posts private information like where they go on vacation, I am better off without it. It was just making me despondent about the state of human affairs.

Needless information is being added to our brains and we are more distracted and less able to focus than ever before. We are overstimulated with digital pablum that we don't need and no better example than Twitter to illustrate the futility of social media where you start fires with other people for absolutely no good reason.

I am trying to simplify my life as I age not complicate it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

This was Hartford

Victim to urban sprawl and horrible civic planning. Car culture did not help....