Monday, November 27, 2023

Natural introverts

Natural introverts like me tend not to do well in groups. I typically would invariably run into someone who I wasn't fond of and avoid them particularly if they were devoid of social graces. I have worked heavily on this and still am because I try to remember that we all have a story. Thus leeway is given with the understanding that we are all subject to the roulette wheel of chance regarding the way we were parented. No one has it perfect while we acknowledge that at a certain point in time we need to stop playing victim to it and move on.

Small talk and infantelized adult behaviour tend to annoy me and yet it depends very much on the person who is doing so. If they are sweet and lovely it will be much better digested than from an obtuse and arrogant monologist. We need to have empathy and tolerance for people; something I remind myself of daily.

What happened is that life has hardened me a little bit and having seen too much of the negative has its drawbacks. I have been observing people and the penchant of some towards cruelty since I was very young, however it helps that today I much better understand the psychology behind it.

So I'm improving, am very content but still, please don't place me in any big noisy group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Gender Performativity

Judith Butler's theory of gender performativity....