Saturday, November 11, 2023

Obstacles

I've explained before how removing all obstacles to cross gender expression especially for dysphoric people can increase their dysphoria. When you are in any way constrained you at least have guard rails providing some safety. So whereas they may be seen as impediments they can actually be helpful in providing life structure.

I have no such obstacles today which obliged me to be very introspective about what I need versus what I thought I wanted. In other words, I studied myself carefully over the years and determined what would help my dysphoria without going beyond a point I might later regret.

I am 61 and might have taken a different path if I were much younger today. I have done the cost benefit analysis and determined that social transition was best for me but you might have a different response should your guard rails be suddenly removed.

Perhaps you might even thank your lucky stars you have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

This was Hartford

Victim to urban sprawl and horrible civic planning. Car culture did not help....