Monday, November 20, 2023

Sooner

Both my dysphoria and euphoria have calmed down significantly with my social transition which is a sign of being at a good balance point. The starve and feed cycle long behind me, I realize what a disservice I was doing my gender dysphoria in trying to go cold turkey for as long as possible starting when I was very young.

My case is perhaps extreme in that I had religion and heavily absorbed social stigma to remove from my psyche, but nevertheless I will continue to preach the idea of slow and steady ultimately wins the race and keeps you on solid footing. The proof in the pudding is that I am more content than I've ever been.

Millennial and GenZ transgender people are much less likely to have a mental closet full of stigma which will only help them reach where they need to be much sooner than I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Gender Performativity

Judith Butler's theory of gender performativity....