Thursday, November 23, 2023

Strength

My friend Marcela told me recently that I am a very strong person. She is going through some depression right now and is off on medical leave from her teaching as a college philosophy professor. What she does not know is that as someone born with gender dysphoria, I had no choice but to develop coping skills which strengthened my resolve.

I've tried to live my life with as much dignity as possible and am more than ever drawn to people who have acquired depth often through challenges. There is something about interacting with them which brings me joy as it encourages me to gain perspective about our uniqueness as human beings.

As we increasingly get our own house in order, we are more able to meet others where they are in life and relate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Gender Performativity

Judith Butler's theory of gender performativity....