Sunday, December 10, 2023

Double life

In the world of gender variance, the propensity to lead a double life decreases with how young a person is. GenZ, for example, is far more likely to live openly in the world and express themselves as they will and indeed my own observance from running around the city only confirms it. From men with nail polish to transgender women going to work, the young are far more likely to express themselves openly and are less trying to fashion a temporary character than simply being authentic. They do not need a type of schizophrenic existence for fear of reprisal or living stealth by changing cities and names.

The irrelevance of secrecy avoids the splitting of the being into two distinct halves and when you haven't the need for concealment, it makes sense that this would seem like a foreign idea to you. After all, people today don't even give displays of gender variance a second look, and I regularly see many variations of it when riding public transit.

That this is a healthy sign is obvious as it shows that these young people are touching upon core identity much earlier in life than we did. It is also very clear that the cap is not going back on the bottle anytime soon.

I no longer have need of a double life and I have never felt better about myself with my only caveat being I wasn't able to come to this way of living much sooner.

Needless to say, I am more than elated for those who come to that place earlier in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

God only knows