Tuesday, December 19, 2023

En garde

There are plenty of angst-filled narratives on YouTube from transgender people because being this way is difficult and indeed so is being human in general. The same themes come up about acceptance of self and from others as well as how one navigates the world being an often visible target.

There isn't an obvious answer other than to fortify the internals to shield oneself as much as possible while being tolerant sometimes beyond the point where it is warranted.

At this age I am not a wilting flower and possess a poisonous tongue which I am not afraid to use if need be, except that isn't the way to survive in a world we best navigate through patience and understanding. Most people are not malevolent and many downright sweet and a friendly man at the bus stop reminded me how innocent some can be. At almost 80 (he was very forthcoming) he had an almost childlike demeanor and after chatting for a time he reminded me that we need not keep our guard up as much as we think.

"Apres Vous Madame" he motions to me with his hand as he lets me board first and we wish each other a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Without a manual

My mother is 88 today. She is in good shape for her age and people instantly take 10 years off when they meet her. At this age their filter ...