Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Free yourself

When I was younger I spent a good chunk of my life concerned about what other people thought whilst today I don't give a hoot (not to use a saltier term). That wasted energy was expended for nothing and am now taking advantage of this complete freedom from being concerned about what someone who knows nothing about me has to say about my existence.

Since we live inside our heads, it's tempting to think others share a piece of that reflection and we often look up to see who is looking at us. That they are doing much the same as the principal actor in their own play, means they could care less about us unless they see we are in distress.

The epitome of being self-centered is thinking we matter more than we do to others and imagine how much more free we can be ridding ourselves of this futile affliction.

Live your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Crossing the concourse