Thursday, December 21, 2023

Quiet

This year its going to be a quiet Christmas for me and I am so happy about it. It will do wonders for my soul and it only took 61 years to get to where I could spend this holiday mostly alone in reflection mode.

Yes, I will meet up with some friends for coffee over the break but no big 40+ people get together which today amounts to mostly noise (a good chunk of my extended family is travelling). I will reconnect with the meaning of the season by going inwards and avoiding political obligation and, if that sounds cold, I have surveyed friends who feel much the same way. This year I will treasure the season that much more by spending it peacefully and it will be comfy pajama pants (I just bought a pair) and a bit of pampering.

I hope you get to do the same for at least part of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

This was Hartford

Victim to urban sprawl and horrible civic planning. Car culture did not help....