Saturday, December 23, 2023

The importance of an honest life

I think that if we are to live with integrity being honest is the best way to take ownership of who we are. If we are to exist without shame or guilt, all facets of our uniqueness need to be matured and incorporated into a person who is fully whole.

I learned this lesson overly slowly largely perhaps through my detouring into the intricacies of the subject matter, but it need not take as long as it did for me. The aim is to adopt an approach that seeks internal harmony with an increased sense of self-worth being the sign we are headed in the right direction.

I needed to elevate all aspects of myself and hiding wasn't working because it was encouraging an attitude that I was misguided and needed repairing. If our lives are to be lived with integrity we want to come to a place where our self respect is maximized without ascending into hubris. Thus we embrace our own unique impetus towards gender variance and incorporate it into our adulthood with the acknowledgement that we are no longer children.

I think that the only way to do that is to live as honestly as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Without a manual

My mother is 88 today. She is in good shape for her age and people instantly take 10 years off when they meet her. At this age their filter ...