Tuesday, December 5, 2023

What we do

Trauma isn't always part of the history of every transgender person but I would say that would be the minority. A degree of self-hate can certainly seep in because many of us have been shaken to the core regarding disappointing our families and friends with our identities.

For the longest time I suffered from an internalized transphobia which tended to sometimes produce the effect of focusing on things I didn't like in other people. That has been chipped away at because I am only responsible for my own behaviour and once content with yourself you can wish everyone well without needing to agree with everything they say or do.

The most important thing is to work on bringing yourself to a place of self-acceptance by understanding what drives you as an individual which can only be accomplished through significant introspection. It is why I tend to focus much less on what people call themselves and more on what they do as the latter has much more significance. Our life of dignity and integrity is what counts.

All in all, my instinct to want to slap people is waning dramatically which makes me very glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

"Is that you?"

"Is that you?" Asked the lady with the salt and pepper hair. "Yes it is" I said firmly but with a smile. She had noted t...