Friday, December 8, 2023

Word Salad

Yesterday a video called "Are Non-Binary People Trans?" came up on my YouTube feed and the first thought which came into my head upon seeing that title was who cares. I ended up watching a bit of it but I came going back to the idea that a term is not a road map. I read a few comments from people who were elated with the news that the content creator thought they were indeed trans but why would that matter to them.

The terminology and its meaning has been shifting as if on sand over the last few decades to the point where many seem hopelessly confused. Not surprisingly, based on the videos I have seen this confusion has helped feed into the detransition phenomenon.

Perhaps in this current environment a more pertinent question to ask yourself might be"how do I need to live my life?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

God only knows