Saturday, January 13, 2024

A Hesitant Participant

For quite a few years I have identified as a non-committal transsexual and I pretty much still do. It is why Harry Benjamin's type IV spoke to me from the moment I first saw it. I questioned birth sex but not enough to have me go the extra mile not to mention I was laden and traumarized by religious and societal stigma. Add to that needing to raise two young kids who didn't need to be affected by my own burden clinched the deal. Being the children of divorce was already plenty for them and today they are my biggest supporters.

If I am happy it is that the stigma is completely gone and I am living very much authentically which is more than enough for me. I may not have freely chosen to be this way, but I did finally choose my answer to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

This was Hartford

Victim to urban sprawl and horrible civic planning. Car culture did not help....