Monday, January 22, 2024

The teenage phase

I don't miss what l now consider to have been my transgender teenage phase whatsoever; a period which can last as long as our nature is constrained to being a character we portray on occasion.

This is most often not a deliberate choice but a reality around life decisions made which was certainly the case for me and many others. In particular those who are older risked ending up with a stunted journey rather than a continued and natural progression into the true self. Thankfully, the young generation will get to skip the step of decades of suppression before succumbing to their nature which also will spare them much trauma and suffering. I now look back and marvel at my resilience over all those years as I watch young transgender people celebrate living so openly.

That being said, there are some for whom a kind of role play works and may even be a desired goal which is perfectly fine provided it brings with it peace and stability; always our aim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Crossing the concourse