Sunday, February 18, 2024

Phases

The oldest of my nieces had a baby at a very young age and her daughter is now 14. I only discovered yesterday that she is gender questioning and my spider senses are tingling only because she is so young and is already identifying as "trans". The last time I saw her she had a short haircut and was wearing a boy's shirt but that did not set off any alarm bells.

What is most interesting is that it was the nephew I had estimated quite early to be either gay or transgender who informed me. At 23 he is tall, bearded and very much a gay male who is one of my son's closest confidants. They were confused for one another in high school.

Francesca now goes by Franky at school and there is talk of hormones from her which makes me wary in this new environment where all gender questioning often equals 'trans'. I only need think of examples like Shiloh Pitt to realize that some adolescents go through phases before settling in on who they truly are.

I am not going to meddle here since my brother and his wife are already sufficiently aware of their granddaughter's leanings and hopefully what needs to happen will in due time and with careful and measured consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

The desert island

I simply love philosophical questions like this one posed by someone who is not in any way gender variant. It is somewhat similar to my prop...