Friday, February 16, 2024

Spotting

We've reached a point today where sometimes genetic females are accused of being transgender and I have seen and read a number of accounts regarding this phenomenon. Some of it stems from the rampant transphobia of some who cannot wait to have a "gotcha" moment but much of the rest is no doubt less toxic in intent.

Admittedly I have excellent radar but I have been fooled and recall years ago almost saying something to someone who upon closer inspection was a genetic female. This was before I took the formal oath to never out a transgender person. I let them do that if they like.

Female to male transgender persons are much harder to spot and indeed among the young transitioners I met with recently I would not have known they weren't born male if I met them on the street. The added power of starting transition in your twenties only bolstered their ability to meld into society.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

God only knows