Friday, March 22, 2024

Choice

I very much like living alone. One gets used to it and then prefers it as compared to a couple life which doesn't really work. The optimum scenario I have experienced was being in a relationship with both of us living apart which is my ideal were I to ever have a partner again.

The thing is that the appetite disappears over time and the freedom is increasingly cherished. Therefore unless another person adds to your already happy state, there is little point in embarking on a life of drama with people with emotional baggage. As a natural problem solver I am the one who invariably suffers.

Over the years I have learned so much about myself and about people in general that I now recognize the signs of trouble very quickly. The advantage of not needing someone is that you are afforded being selective plus the self-assurance that your identity is not a negotiable thing.

I used to approach things in reverse in hoping I could find someone who would be kind enough to tolerate being with a transgender person. Now it is I with the control of who will be accepted into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Crossing the concourse