Sunday, March 10, 2024

Intent

I am not a transgender advocate but simply a person who petitions for common sense and human rights; both of which are sorely lacking in this world. Towards that end, I will admit that there are transgender people who annoy me as well as people who question them who do not. It is okay to ask well-meaning questions just as the friends I came out to did.

What I always look for is good intent and emotional intelligence both of which are largely lacking among gender criticals. To make such a ruckus over 1% of the population is to show you have lost perspective. If that 1% suddenly became 5% and then 7% I would be more able to relate to their panic.

What perturbs transphobes the most is the visibility. They abhor allowing people to break the sacrosanct rules they were bound by. In particular some of the more radical feminists are fuming at the prospect of allowing "pretend women" to usurp their hard fought victories.

That some people identify as transgender and realize later they have erred should not make others so angry. After all, it is none of their business how others lead their lives. But as I always say: the more free and unique you become, the more it frustrates those who live in prisons they feel doomed to reside in.

People are so predictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

What gives?

I watched part of a recent video by Ray Williams who went from transgender philosopher Rachel to detransitioning and warning people about th...