Thursday, March 7, 2024

What it says about them

The mindset I am fascinated by most these days is not that of the person who wants to live their life free and be themselves, it is instead that of those who are hot and bothered by them. I suppose I could use basic psychology and say it is because they are insecure, but I know there is a bit more to it than that.

These are the people who confound me most and there must be some level of frustration present in them which envies those who are free. So many people live in constant fear that seeing what they secretly perceive to be bravery is sometimes invitation to attack. There are many YouTube channels dedicated to grievance and it won't surprise you that these days it is cultural critique from conservatives that take up much of the space. There is somehow nothing more galling to some than seeing an escape from societal stigma which leaves them behind.

The metric I use today is simple; if you are a decent person who lives honorably and peacefully you should have nothing to fear. Who you love, how you dress, what you do with your body, what religion you practice is entirely your business. The fact that others see fit to comment and become outraged says more about them than about you.

Even if I have burned off fear, I still work on my remaining outrage regarding the audacity to keep some people oppressed simply because it is possible to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

No going back

If gender dysphoria has biological roots then why is there such a concerted effort in some circles to prevent transgender people from treati...