Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Assurance

I am living a more honest life than I ever have which brings me great comfort. The hardest part has been undoing the messaging I received from the moment I was born which had to be weighed and the unnecessary scrubbed from the memory banks. For what constitutes a good life has little to do with gender except that when yours doesn't quite line up it matters. Many of us know this very early.

For years I used to think I could get by with occasional dressing up but that does not work for us and so the goal post is moved a little at a time. With each movement you begin to feel better as the psychology is adjusted at each plateau. The weight of religion was just the added bonus which complicated my task. 

What brings me assurance today is that I fought as hard as I could against the progression and so there was no fooling myself and, as the internal peace increased, I knew what I was doing was correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Mistaken

I'm having lunch with Nadine today and decided to wear a jean skirt instead of my usual skinny jeans or leggings. Mornings are still a b...