Sunday, April 7, 2024

It is we

My wardrobe has gotten smaller over the years and I now stick to a few quality things I can mix and match. So while I will still go to thrift stores most of the time I walk away empty handed. There is no point in buying something you aren't going to regularly wear. I've learned that lesson all too well.

Accessories like scarves, bracelets, earrings, nail color, etc are what I employ to change things up. Also the combination of comfort and style is a must if you are going to spend many hours out and about doing things.

This is by no means perfect science and not only do you develop a harmony with yourself over time but your taste also morphs with it. At the end of that process I seem to have fallen somewhere within an average of what many women over 40 wear which suits me just fine. 
Today I picked up a spring/summer subtle print skirt for only $6.

All that being said, the clothes do not make us. It is we who make the clothes which is overwhelmingly an issue of mindset.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

When I talk about transition

When I talk about transition I am referring mostly to a mental journey and not a physical one because the latter is far less important.  If ...