Thursday, April 18, 2024

Kiosk

I see the Jehovah's witness kiosks at the same locations in the metro. They stand there patiently doing their apostolic duty hoping that someone stops and asks for a pamphlet. I don't deliberately avoid eye contact but I don't look their way either because I don't want even a trace of my viewpoint to be conveyed in my expression. For people need things to cling to.

Rigid orthodoxy is one of my pet peeves and yet if it provides comfort I am not one to judge. It cannot be justified rationally but the fervor is there just the same because some people can only subsist on black and white. It does not matter that we do not possess the capacity for full answers within a mysterious and deeply complex existence in which we are but tiny fragments.

Some will very gladly fill in the blanks for us.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Free Spirit

Caro had her fingernails painted this morning which she almost never does. She had attended a funeral the previous Saturday and had used pre...