Friday, May 10, 2024

Marcela

Marcela is 53 and a college philosophy professor. We hit it off during the pandemic when we would frequent the same cafe and struck up a friendship. This morning I met her in her neighborhood for a catch up coffee.

It's been interesting to get to know her as our Latin heritage has helped complement the commonalities we share. In a sense I am a kind of older sister and we talk about our respective lives and challenges.

I may still come out to her at some point when the time is right but for now I am enjoying the way our rapport fills a need for both of us. From my end it has helped entrench my identity more firmly and proven to me that who I am was never part of an act.

3 comments:

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Taxes

Our societies are once again falling apart so that they can be remade. The consequences of stupidity, short-sightedness and greed are making...