Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Plastering over

Everyone's psyche needs constant little repairs; not just transgender people's. It is like we are regularly plastering over little holes to make sure the drywall stays intact.

The retirement process of a person with no limits can confuse one for there is no one to report to and you can look after yourself. After decades of responsibility to others and to very defined work and life structure filled with tasks, it can and does sporadically disorient.

If it weren't for my discipline and introspection I could see how easily I could get lost, but I treat the little holes I fall into sometimes as part of the adaptation process to this next phase of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Imperfection

You cannot unsee what you have already seen. After you've lived a while the imperfection of the world perturbs but you also understand i...