Monday, May 27, 2024

The virtue of patience

The older we get the less patient we can become. Interestingly my patience for idiots is at an all-time low but I have all day for lovely people.

This morning I ran into Mathilde as she was watering flowers outside the daycare she works at. Ten years my junior we hit it off during my early morning pandemic walks and we are so happy when we see each other.

We talk about patience and how hers and husband's are also depleting. He is closer to my age and is complaining to her all the time she says with an expression of chagrin. I say that men are worse as they age and she laughs while nodding in agreement.

I tell her I am working on myself to let the world go and focus on what I can change in myself while trying to be kind to others.

Ce n'est pas toujours facile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Imperfection

You cannot unsee what you have already seen. After you've lived a while the imperfection of the world perturbs but you also understand i...