Monday, May 27, 2024

"I know who i am"

My friend Patricia was in town yesterday so we went for breakfast and then thrifting which I know she adores. 

While inside the store I spotted a tall and slightly heavy set transgender woman who I would estimate to be about 6'4". I never acknowledge other transgender people plus she was going about her business browsing the racks while very casually dressed. Maybe she was 35.

As she approached where Patricia and I were standing, I saw her face and noticed a look of serene confidence which said "I know who I am". She then proceeded to cross paths with numerous people who did not give her a second look which I think reflected both how far we have come and what occupying your space with quiet confidence does for you as a person.

By the way, Patricia as usual came out like a bandit paying $60 for a stash easily worth $300.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Imperfection

You cannot unsee what you have already seen. After you've lived a while the imperfection of the world perturbs but you also understand i...