Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Afterthoughts

There's a heat dome over Montreal until Thursday. Temperatures will climb to 45C with the humidex which is just part of what is increasingly the new normal. We are shattering records across the globe but we only seem to learn by getting to the brink and inviting disaster because we are selfish and limited creatures.

I wore a light summer dress this morning and made sure my purse contained the Spanish fan which is now a staple during what over the years has become my least favorite season. At the tail end of the lunch with my sister the sweltering heat had already begun.

Yesterday I reflected on our meeting and realized I was well past any trepidation regarding my identity. I know who I am and she accepted it without reservation almost as if my feminine appearance had always been there. Her only comments were that she was happy I wore flats and how well my voice sounded as she had never heard it at that register before.

It once again confirmed that we spend far too much time navel gazing and stressing about something most people don't care anything about.

They just want to see us happy and she told me I looked it. There was no need to go into the science.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Neuroplasticity