Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Gradual

It still amazes me at times how absolutely calm I am these days anywhere in public. This morning I left the house in a dress and my sensible black pumps and I felt the same lack of self-awareness as when I would present male. However, the difference now is that there is more a feeling of rightness.

This took a very long time and was gradual without big noticeable steps forward. It was a smooth curve moving steadily upwards over my lifetime as I gained confidence in who I am and began to have more options to embrace it.

Of course I carried my ballet flats in a bag for later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

When I talk about transition

When I talk about transition I am referring mostly to a mental journey and not a physical one because the latter is far less important.  If ...