Thursday, June 13, 2024

Reflection

If wearing female clothing has ever given you a buzz, well that should disappear with a daily routine that helps you determine who you are. I reflect on this evolution of mindset where you comprehend that for you there is no going backwards even as you confirm that the novelty has long ago dissipated.

I remember my gender therapist back in 2007 noting that after our sessions I would often look for my reflection in the window which by evening served as a murky mirror. It was my way of making sure it confirmed I was presentable enough to the world even as I then struggled with how to rid myself of the feelings.

With the years the decline in self-conciousness has paralleled an increase in both self-acceptance and confidence such that the insecure check in the mirror was no longer required

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Neuroplasticity