Sunday, June 16, 2024

Treatment

Am I treated differently now? Yes overall I am and I would say more pleasantly. Women are certainly friendlier towards me perhaps because I am on their team. But I also realize I am outside the confines of the work environment.

I think about whether this treatment also involves my having become more relaxed and more myself even as I recognize that there are often gender dynamics at play during interactions. However I would like to think that those have relaxed over the decades and that the current youth is largely dismantling the old conventions.

I think I am treated respectfully in part because I carry myself a certain way. I am polite and courteous even as I have the benefit of experience to tell me when to stand up for myself. Women in society need to stand up and make their voices heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

When I talk about transition

When I talk about transition I am referring mostly to a mental journey and not a physical one because the latter is far less important.  If ...